Ethrel is a versatile plant growth regulator which improves colouration and accelerates uniform ripening of fruits like pineapple, mango, tomato, etc. It can be deployed in specific uses like defoliation in pomegranate and breaking alternate bearing in mango.
MODE OF ACTION
Ethrel is plant growth regulator with systemic properties. It penetrates into the plant tissues, and is translocated and progressively decomposed to ethylene, which positively affects the growth process.
- Improve coloration and accelerates uniform ripening of fruits like pineapple, mango tomato.
- Helps in breaking alternate bearing of mango and induces profuse flowering.
CROPS AND TARGET PESTS
- Mango (for breaking alternate bearing tendencies): First spray in mid-October or early November total 5 spray at fortnightly interval
- Mango (for flower induction): Commencing from early November total 5 sprays at weekly interval
- Mango (post-harvest treatment): Dip mature fruits in the solution for uniform ripening. One treatment is required
- Pineapple (for flower induction): 30-37 leaf stage or 10-12 months. One spray is required
- Coffee (Arabica& Robusta): For uniform ripening of berries, one spray at fly picking stage when 10-15% of berries have ripened
- Tomato (post-harvest treatment): Post-harvest treatment can be done bydipping once
- Rubber: March, August, September, November (four applications) brushing once in two months on the tapping cut of the bark
|Mango||For breaking alternate bearing tendencies|
|Mango||For flower induction in juvenile mango|
|Pineapple||For flower induction|
|Coffee(Arabica)||Uniform ripening of berries|
|Coffee(Robusta)||Uniform ripening of berries|
|Rubber||Yielding rubber latex|
|Pome-granate||Defoliation for better flowering & fruit yield|
Pack sizes: 100 ml, 500 ml, 1 L